Skip to main content

Again...on time

Could it be that I am turning over a new leaf? (he, he...I think I am too old for turning over leaves that lead to MORE self-discipline, but I could surely go the other way!) This is the quintessential "my mommy knits, so I get a holiday hat." AND she has it for the whole season- on time! We had a great time in the pumpkin patch and the hat actually kept elder elf warm. I don't have the pattern here in front of me, but if anyone needs it (ha! I don't think anyone reads this, so I can continue to be lazy!), just put a note in the comments and I will run upstairs and get it.

Project specs:
Yarn: Debbie Bliss cashmerino
Pattern: Fiber trends, I think...



Here's the tiny elf. She's wearing a make shift hat that I cheated with several years ago. I had alreqady purchased the pattern for the fancier hat, but I was making so many of these for friends' kids, that I needed something quick. After making the nicer one, I don't think it would have taken me much longer, but eh, I didn't know. I kind of modified a pattern I found on line and made it very simply. I am thinking about putting a little seed stitch border on it to get a few more miles out of it. She hates hats for the moment, so I don't feel too bad not making her another. Of course, she did wear this hat for a while....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )