Skip to main content

Fizzling Sizzler......

I have fizzled a little with Sizzle. There's no good reason, I just have been distracted lately. I am still working my way through the Stitch and Bitch crochet book. It's going well and I have made some huge swatches that the girls are using as blankies for their baby dolls.

Anyway, the Sizzle pattern is great and I am loving the yarn. It has good drape and kind of a "cool" feeling to it. It's Berroco something or other, I forget at the moment. I only need to finish the bands on the sleeves and weave in the ends. I have the sides seamed up already. It would really only take a good hour or so to be completely done with it. Maybe I will do it this weekend. I think it will be a little snug on me, and a little shorter than I would like, but that's okay. I can always make another one. I think I will still get some wear out of it.


I have also been working on this. It's from some mystery yarn that we (Nanny) bought in France at a yarn shop- pics later. It's mohairish with some gold metallic thread. I thought I really liked the colors, but I am now thinking that the balls of yarn look a little like cat barf- you know, like a hairball. Perhaps I have cleaned up too many areas of vomitus on the carpet.

The project is kind of a shawl/large triangular mass. It's just garter stitch with a yarn over at the beginning of each row- I got the idea from the fabulous Knit and Tonic. I like the yarn better knitted up. I have been into the mindless knitting and I can sneak in a few rows while the girls are in their bath.

Oh, I have also managed to waste a bunch of time photographing my yarn stash.

Comments

nanny said…
TIME FOR A NEW ENTRY......
You're sooo sneaky Nanny-o. Soon, my pretty, soon.

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )