Skip to main content

ruffle scarf

This is a very fun knit- with Debbie Bliss Cashmerino- so nice and soft. I think instead of ruffle scarf, it should be "study in Short row" scarf.



The only think I don't like about it is how well you can see some of the stitches. I suppose this is called "stitch definition." I just don't like it in this particular case. Oh well. Hopefully no one else will notice the lumps. Lots and lots of pics as I owe them to family members who have been stalking me- you know who you are.






See the little bumps???






There was little cooperation on the part of eldest daughter, so it's all the small fry.


I am pretty sure this was the day I decided she MUST get a haircut no matter how many tears would fall!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Great scarf - but DARLING daughter! I especially love the last picture :o)
amanda said…
very cute - scarf and daughter!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )