Skip to main content

First Ever S'n'B Aviano

Introducing the first-ever (that I know of : ) S'n'B Aviano.


When I got here a year ago, I was saddened to find there was no established group...so I am trying to start our own. Last week was the first meeting and it was really fun. I am teaching a couple of new knitters, and I am sure before long, they will be teaching me a thing or two! See you tomorrow.

P.S. Anne's mom- Look she's knitting : )

Comments

Unknown said…
You look marvelous! And the knitters look like they're having fun! Awesome of you to start your on S'n'B!! Love it!
amanda said…
congrats on starting your own group! i'm sure you're inspiring all those knitters :)
nanny said…
Yeah for the new group. It'll be wonderful to have the support and comaraderie of a group. Time flies when you are knitting fun. Knit on LADIES!
mimi and papa said…
Looks like so much fun. Are you getting any more time to work on your projects? (hee hee) Great to share your knitting "know-how" and enthusiasm for the art with others who look eager to learn.
Love, Mimi

Popular posts from this blog

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

Friendship Blanket Done.....

To say our little knit group was "close knit" is the perfect cliche! When we moved to Italy, I desperately missed having a knitting circle and the weekly meet-ups. I tried for a long time to find other knitters- then I decided to create a few of my own. I started offering knitting classes. It went well, I am proud to say everyone who signed up WAS able to learn to knit. There was a teen-age girl, however, who was very resistant. At some point during this time, I remembered that a woman from my Italian language class had mentioned that she liked to knit. Then I met my dear friend Stacy who had the bug to learn how to knit. So there! I created my own little group! We were intermittent and not very focused, but boy did we have fun! I really looked forward to our meet ups. Then, like all good things, our friend Janny had to move. We decided to knit blankets- one for each of us. We each chose a color- Janny did all the research and ordering. Then we chose patterns- one horizontal...