Skip to main content

Come back Jan!

The elder daughter, filled with awe, quietly observed, "Mom, she's knitting that blanket AND using that blanket."

Ten seconds later, they couldn't resist any longer and jumped under that handknit- smart girls.

I'm not sure how much knitting we got done, but we had fun. Come back soon : )

Comments

nanny said…
Happy are the threads that bind us together. What a joyful picture and such a practical project. Looks like fun was had by all.
Unknown said…
Who is Jan?! Is she trying to take over my auntie status?! :) Super cute photo!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )