Skip to main content

Inspired by the Cleveland Zoo's Rainforest





This pattern is very sweet- I love the way the wings button. We recently went to the zoo and saw a live bat exhibit in part of the Rainforest. Usually, my little Z is easily intimidated by all things she deems spooky- she uses her own scale of creep-factor and it's hard to predict what she will deem unacceptable. Interestingly, she was really intrigued by the nocturnal antics of these creatures! She now professes a LOVE for bats!

I always forget, when making these toys, that the knitting portion is faster than the assembling portion. I am not a huge fan of the assembly, but it’s always worth it. I have several requests for more of these fellows.

I remain unimpressed by this yarn- Vanna's Choice- I should have made it with Cascade 220 as called for in the pattern. The Vanna's Choice was splitty and hard on my hands.

Comments

nanny said…
The bats are twittering and soon will be flying into Italy. Nannio's house was just too comfy. After all it is referred to as the "bat cave."

They are too cute!
Anonymous said…
Seeing these darling little fellows reminded me of your visit and how much I miss all of you! I like the way the wings button down, too! Is it too late to put my order in? You know how much I love stuffed animals.

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )