Skip to main content

Hats off to the holidays!

This year the holday knitting was nothing but fun. I have read in the blog-o-sphere about many bloggers getting overwhelmed trying to make gifites. I have done that before, but not this year! I was so excited about making these for the girls (and nephew), I knit them up super fast.

In my enthusiasm, I bought 10 balls of yarn- a green, red, white and metallic blend- a little tacky, abut a lot festive! Normally, the colors would have conjured up holiday thoughts, but I couldn't stop thinking that the colors were the same for the Italian flag! I also think the Italians would love the flashy metallic bits!
However, after the knitting got under way, it was pretty boring! Worse yet, the girls weren't super-thrilled with their new hats! I think they would have liked the striping called for in the original pattern- oh well, there's always next year. I was able to sweet talk them into donning their elf hats a few times........




Overall, it was a nice holiday project. Next time, I will consult the girls first

This little fellow seems happy with his- super cute!


Project details:
Pattern: Striped Stocking Caps
Yarn: Herrschner's Holiday
Needles: size 7
Sizes: baby and small child- cast on 72
Bigger child- cast on 80

Comments

Unknown said…
Ha! Well I loved these hats! Adorable!! I like how long and sparkly they are. I am a HUGE FAN of all things glitter and sparkly! Sam looks cute too--look at his cheeks!!
nanny said…
DITTO!!!!

I can't believe they were cooly received. Go figure.

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )