Skip to main content

Finally finished.....

This tank top was seriously languishing in my project bin forever. I started it when I was knitting just about every project from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I heavily modified it to make it more wearable- I made the straps wider and added a little waist shaping. Then, when I had but a mere 20 minutes more work to do, I ignored it for a year or so : )




It turned out quite nicely. I am eager to wear it to see how the hemp behaves. This is the first time I knit with hemp- it was a bit rough on my hands.



When I washed it, there was not any color bleed, but the smell was very strange. I happen to have a very good sense of smell- most of the time, I wish I didn't! Nonetheless, when I was washing this tank top, it smelled kind of "chalky." There are some bugs that smell like that when they are smushed. It's a strange smell. The garment did not smell when it dried- thankfully!




I know it looks lumpy here, and I was in a hurry to get the picture, but it fits well. It's reversible- in other words, I can't really remember which side is the front and which side is the back- so, it must not matter : )

Specs:
Pattern: Silk Camisole from the aforementioned Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Yarn: Elisabeth Lavold Hempathy
Mods: widened straps

Comments

Unknown said…
Nannion says: Congratulations! It's finally finished!! Looks fabulous! Love it! Love it! Love it!!

RoRo agrees! I would like one in fuschia please, like Z's sweater.

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )