Skip to main content

Z's Driving Thru....



This is my favorite picture for the moment. Since there are 2 little gals in my life, there are frequently 2 very similar knitted items : )


I am so happy that she wound up choosing her own colors. Originally my little Z-bomb wanted the same color scheme as her sister. I was not intrigued by the idea of knitting 2 nearly identical sweaters, but I would have done so if needed, of course.


I think the swinging point came when I told her the name of the purplish colorway- yep, it's called Fairy Tale.



She loves it and so do I.






Specs:
Pattern: Drive-Thru by Wendy Bernard
Yarn: Knitpicks: Wool of the Andes
Size: 6
Mods: Made the sleeve circumference larger

Comments

nanny said…
Cute model, yummy sweater with delightful colors. Half-pint has a flair. Where did you ever find tights to match? The pictures just made me happy. I am amazed how you can just crank out the most wonderful projects while some knitters forgot how to cast on. Of course, the books are all wonderfully illustrated.
Unknown said…
SUPER ADORRRRRRABLE! Chile and sweater! Glad she picked her colors too!

You are a prolific knitter extraordinaire!! Brilliant!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )