Skip to main content

Rippling through the summer......

Seems a lot has changed with Blogger in the last couple of years!  We shall see how this goes.  To say that I don't have time to blog would be an understatement, yet here I am.  As a personal goal, I am going to try and spend more time doing things I enjoy and less time worrying about my work......we'll see how long that lasts!

As a segue into a new post, I am also trying a craft that is new for me....crochet!  Although I have had some fun with it in the form of amigurumi, I haven't ever made a full blown crochet project until now! 

Furthermore, I have also deviated from my undying love of natural fibers and sashayed into the realm of cheap acrylic yarns.  To be honest, this started with our recent move- when I rediscovered a blanket that my Grandmother, Stella, made for me when I was a baby.  Sadly, she passed away, so I never got to know her.  But I have this blanket....and I love it.  It's not the kind of love that knocks you off your feet and takes your breath away, but more the kind that grows on you over time.

The blanket still looks great despite its age and frequent laundering history.  That has me intrigued.  Many of my other projects, out of finer yarns, are covered in pills and not wearing well- yet this little blanket still looks great. So, I am channelling my inner Stella and crocheting with Red Heart Super Savers- yes, it's true!  AND I am having fun with it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )