Skip to main content

Cactus....

I made this for my fellow SnBer, Jan. I gifted it to her long ago, but I never put up the pictures. It was, as are most of the amigurumi projects, FUN! It's from the book in the side bar there- Ana Paula's. And it's made with mystery market yarn.
Of course, my eldest daughter wanted to keep this little fellow. But he was created specifically for my friend. I told my daughter I would make her one, as she wants every project I make, but I haven't done so yet. It's on the list, I keep telling her. Good thing she doesn't know how long the list is : ) I think I will make the mini-cactus for her instead. I am currently working on an ice cream cone (for both girls) and after that I think she wants the apple. She's even requesting crocheted items for her stuffed toys. Apparently Bitty, who is my second daughter's lovey, needs an ice cream cone too. It's getting out of hand!

Fear not sister of mine, Odd Fellow is on my mind again, and I do mean the knitted toy.

Comments

Unknown said…
Love the catus guy! YOu are so creative and clever! I want one of all your creations too...not unlike some small people we know and love!
Odd fellow has not called nor emailed...and that's a good thinkg! Almost a month now...
amanda said…
adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )