Skip to main content

Just in time


My family is pretty lax about getting birthday gifts to the recipient on time, myself included. I think we take that crazy rule about giving wedding gift to the nth degree. You know the one, where you have a year to do so and still be in proper etiquette- I think you also have a year to write the thank you notes, too? Our gift-giving rule is about the same especially if we live a long distance away.

My older sister was just out to Washington in early September at which time I gave her her birthday gift....mind you her birthday was in May! I suppose one way view is that it extends your birthday for months.

I never realized just how fun it is to be on time with a giftie. The elves and I went to the post office this morning and mailed my mom her Halloween birthday box, which will get there right on time. This little Odd Fellow was in there. I thought I would post a pic of him with legs. I got so used to seeing the elves play with him around the house without limbs, that the appendages looked a bit strange to me.



This little guy is so adorable- it was fun to take pics of him. This is what I do with the little spare time I have???








So, here's one on the dog so you can see how big he is....but Fonz is rather petite for a pug. Still the idea is there.





This one is just because I think he's cute. Of course, this Odd Fellow was originally intended for my sister who lives here in Washington, but it will only take a bit to whip up another one. Project specs: from Jess Hutch's book- see yesterday's post. Yarn: Lamb's Pride worsted, Needles- size 6 dpns.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )