Skip to main content

Loose ends to weave in.....er, tie up

So, here I am not getting things done. No, I was productive today, and here I am whittling away precious time doing this. Oh well. I can likely justify this as needing "a break." The children woke up in their crabby pants this morning, which didn't really make for the most fun day. I have ends to weave in and ends to tie up before the big move! (it is becoming ever more and more a reality!)

I am still struggling with the neck for the flashdance-esque Hourglass, and should be done with it by bed time tonight. No comments on what time that might be. I ran out of stitches in the decrease raglan sections but it was still too wide, so I came up with a center decrease of some kind. I think it looks okay, but we'll see after it gets washed and re-dried- all before weaving in the ends, of course.

And then there's this, which I think is cute- it will be a kitty (Kate to be exact), but this is as far as I have gotten....I think I will try and get finish her for elder elf's birthday Sunday.



Her body shape reminds me quite a bit like the summer sew-fest Juney and I had....



Pattern thanks to Wee Wonderfuls.

Nanny Juney, I provide you with your fix : ) Thanks for the comments... Oh, and elder elf's pants came today.....CUTE!

Comments

nanny said…
This the BEST! I love this picture. Nanny
Anonymous said…
you are great
I love you nanny

Popular posts from this blog

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

Friendship Blanket Done.....

To say our little knit group was "close knit" is the perfect cliche! When we moved to Italy, I desperately missed having a knitting circle and the weekly meet-ups. I tried for a long time to find other knitters- then I decided to create a few of my own. I started offering knitting classes. It went well, I am proud to say everyone who signed up WAS able to learn to knit. There was a teen-age girl, however, who was very resistant. At some point during this time, I remembered that a woman from my Italian language class had mentioned that she liked to knit. Then I met my dear friend Stacy who had the bug to learn how to knit. So there! I created my own little group! We were intermittent and not very focused, but boy did we have fun! I really looked forward to our meet ups. Then, like all good things, our friend Janny had to move. We decided to knit blankets- one for each of us. We each chose a color- Janny did all the research and ordering. Then we chose patterns- one horizontal...