Skip to main content

Swatch city


If it weren't for Bonne Marie at Chic Knits and her articles about sizing and fit, I don't think I would ever knit a garment that fit! Thanks to her and knitty, I have had some recent projects that I have really loved.

More about the hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I am very happy with the way it turned out-finally. The yarn gave me terrible troubles, but is so soft! It's wonderful. I probably could be talked into working with it again, if I don't find another Merino of comparable softness. If I were to work with Karabella Aurora 8 again, I would put the balls into hanks and wash them before doing anything else. That would take care of my gauge issues and would make it bearable. It's really soft, did I mention that? I will be curious to see how it wears.

There's a picture of my Friday night. Casting on...again for the Indigo Ripples skirt.. somehow on a size 5 needle, my gauge has more stitches per inch than on the fours! Swatches do lie! So, I took my project off the needles to measure, it was going to be huge. Back to the drawing board. I have made huge progress, though, I just don't have any pics yet. I just joined the KAL : ) My first official knit-along. It's right up my alley, no rules and no deadline..yipee.

This lovely swatch made with crunchy acrylic yarn is for the lotus blossom tank. See, I was going to have this going at the same time I did the boring stockinette for the skirt, but the boring stockinette is done thanks to my mom and the taped shows from the states. So, I will just have to start it up next chance I get and then I will have 2 lace projects at once. That will be interesting.

What a great black background....scroll down to see the truth.


I have to work on taking pics.

Ciao!

Comments

nanny said…
Whi is the halter for?

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )