Skip to main content

Ribbit...ribbit....


I always thought I liked to knit lace. I loved working on the Ripple skirt, but the lace wasn't too intense. The Lotus Blossom tank has been relegated to the frog pond- before my hubby could stop me. (He hates it when I rip out!) I was making it with Hempathy in black, as you can see. I swatched like a good little girl and then started working it on the appropriate needles- size 6, I think. Well, that's how much I had done- (like 1 1/2") after 5 hours of good car knitting. Part of the problem was that I was using the markers to try and stop myself from making too many mistakes, but the pattern kept shifting, so I had to keep moving the markers. (PITA!) I thought it looked a little big, so I pulled it off the needles and it was like 10 inches wider than it was supposed to be at the waist. I guess my lace is tons looser than my stockinette swatches. I am not completely sold on the value of a swatch, to be sure.

I wanted a nice breezy little tank (much like that on Dipsy's blog) and this was/is not it. So, I will set the Hempathy in the stash until further notice.

In the meantime, I have ordered yarn for Sizzle and Ms. Marigold and cast on for a quick little One Skein Wonder to make myself feel better : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh - I'm sorry that this didn't work out! Lace knitting is extremely time consuming, and I realized that I don't have much chance with it when I'm knitting lace in front of the TV - too much distraction, I think it's important to have real peace to concentrate on it. Perhaps you'll find a pattern that doesn't ask for that much concentration, that'd be a bit of a quicker and thus more enjoyable knit? Fingers crossed!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )