Skip to main content

Summer knitting.....

I have been knitting, I just haven't been posting. We have had an influx of visitors and it has been great. I have a hard time sneaking away to blog about knitting, when really, two of my three fans are here in town : ) So, I finished the Tiny Elf's blanket and I love it- she does too. It really went fast at the end, which is odd as it is knit from the center out. I think I just can knit faster than I used to. Progress is good. The yarn is warm and fuzzy after a trip through the washer and dryer- I splurged and used the dryer. I think she will like hers as much as elder elf likes her own fuzzy blanket. EE noticed that TE's blanket had pink on it, and yet hers did not. I noticed that her blanket had a hole. EE requested that I fix the hole with pink yarn so hers would have some pink too. Cute and no problem, as I had some pink left over!






Project specs:
Pattern: Vogue Baby Blankets
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted.


I also have been working on Sizzle- due to a gauge issue, I have re-started.

Comments

nanny said…
The blankets are the best! And sooooo appreciated and used. It would be a shame to have them in a draw when they are so cuddly and comforting. Brava! for your fortitude and perseverance in finishing the project. The little elf I am sure is delighted and loves her blanket as much as her big siter. How many skeins would it take for a double?

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Friendship Blanket Done.....

To say our little knit group was "close knit" is the perfect cliche! When we moved to Italy, I desperately missed having a knitting circle and the weekly meet-ups. I tried for a long time to find other knitters- then I decided to create a few of my own. I started offering knitting classes. It went well, I am proud to say everyone who signed up WAS able to learn to knit. There was a teen-age girl, however, who was very resistant. At some point during this time, I remembered that a woman from my Italian language class had mentioned that she liked to knit. Then I met my dear friend Stacy who had the bug to learn how to knit. So there! I created my own little group! We were intermittent and not very focused, but boy did we have fun! I really looked forward to our meet ups. Then, like all good things, our friend Janny had to move. We decided to knit blankets- one for each of us. We each chose a color- Janny did all the research and ordering. Then we chose patterns- one horizontal...