Skip to main content

Summer knitting.....

I have been knitting, I just haven't been posting. We have had an influx of visitors and it has been great. I have a hard time sneaking away to blog about knitting, when really, two of my three fans are here in town : ) So, I finished the Tiny Elf's blanket and I love it- she does too. It really went fast at the end, which is odd as it is knit from the center out. I think I just can knit faster than I used to. Progress is good. The yarn is warm and fuzzy after a trip through the washer and dryer- I splurged and used the dryer. I think she will like hers as much as elder elf likes her own fuzzy blanket. EE noticed that TE's blanket had pink on it, and yet hers did not. I noticed that her blanket had a hole. EE requested that I fix the hole with pink yarn so hers would have some pink too. Cute and no problem, as I had some pink left over!






Project specs:
Pattern: Vogue Baby Blankets
Yarn: Plymouth Encore Worsted.


I also have been working on Sizzle- due to a gauge issue, I have re-started.

Comments

nanny said…
The blankets are the best! And sooooo appreciated and used. It would be a shame to have them in a draw when they are so cuddly and comforting. Brava! for your fortitude and perseverance in finishing the project. The little elf I am sure is delighted and loves her blanket as much as her big siter. How many skeins would it take for a double?

Popular posts from this blog

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

Friendship Blanket Done.....

To say our little knit group was "close knit" is the perfect cliche! When we moved to Italy, I desperately missed having a knitting circle and the weekly meet-ups. I tried for a long time to find other knitters- then I decided to create a few of my own. I started offering knitting classes. It went well, I am proud to say everyone who signed up WAS able to learn to knit. There was a teen-age girl, however, who was very resistant. At some point during this time, I remembered that a woman from my Italian language class had mentioned that she liked to knit. Then I met my dear friend Stacy who had the bug to learn how to knit. So there! I created my own little group! We were intermittent and not very focused, but boy did we have fun! I really looked forward to our meet ups. Then, like all good things, our friend Janny had to move. We decided to knit blankets- one for each of us. We each chose a color- Janny did all the research and ordering. Then we chose patterns- one horizontal...