Skip to main content

One woman's fizzle is another woman's Sizzle....

Yep, my fizzle! I lost steam on this project probably about the same time I realized it was not going to fit me. There was nothing amiss about the pattern, only my choice of size! I don't know what I was thinking....I decided to finish it up and gift it to my mother-in-law. I think it looks great on her. I will knit another one at some point, likely with the same yarn and the same color...we'll have to be careful not to wear them to the same function : ) (in a few years anyway!) I think it looks great on her and the yarn is really smooth and kind of "cool" to the touch. It's Berocco Cotton Twist in the Navy colorway. It's dark blue with some black. It's the only yarn My Man has commented on...wow, that's a nice yarn- or something like that. It would have been a very quick knit had I not slowed to a crawl at the end. So, here's to her Sizzle.....

Comments

nanny said…
Lovely! Great color.
Unknown said…
Wow! Hot little sweater, M! It does look great on her!
amanda said…
Looks great on your MIL! Now make one for yourself!
Anonymous said…
Thank you so much for the wonderful sweater. It fits "like a glove", so comfortable and I just love it! What a nice surprise to receive a gift that is perfect in every way.
MIL, AKA Mimi

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )