Skip to main content

Stash Enhancement.....

It's been cool here, so this yarn is likely higher up in the Q. I am planning on making this sweater Knitting Pure and Simple #241. (It's a long-sleeved cardigan, but with cotton, it should be great for cooler summer evenings. I am not crazy about the color of the yarn....I wanted something neutral but this has a "pinkish" quality I could not notice on the computer screen. It will be nice when I have a local yarn shop again.


I am going to try Sizzle again... I love this yarn.










And now, in order to satisfy my one faithful reader, my sister...here's #2 in her finished (almost, still haven't put a closure on it) cardi.

Comments

Unknown said…
he he! look at that cardi! you R quite kraftee! super cutie! love it! missing y'all...wanna get out there!!!
ro ro xoxox
nanny said…
A beautiful little girl and sweater as well!

Love it!

Nannio

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )