Skip to main content

Bestest Mom Ever!

The Aviano Knitwits were the happy recipients of a package from our fervent, stateside supporters- Nanny-o and her knitwit friend Carol. I am surprised Nanny-o could wrestle the yarn from Carol before she knit it into holiday washcloths : )


Let me tell you- we were so thrilled. Those of you in the USA might take it for granted that you can easily go to your local yarn shop or Michaels to browse for inspiration and supplies. It's quite different here, so this box from home was a wonderful surprise.




Here we are charging up the glow in the dark yarn. What fun!!




Our box had candy, yarn, and patterns for ghosts and pumpkins in cute little booklets. There were also some knitterly magazines in there. This box was truly appreciated- we were like kids ourselves-oooh, look at this, look at that. Thank you for such a wonderful gift- it meant a lot to us.


This is one of two pumpkins I made for the girls. H wanted hers to have lipstick and eyelashes, while Z's has a frown. Hers has been missing for a while, I strongly suspect the dog knows what happened to it....but he's not saying a word.



Comments

Unknown said…
What a fun package! Glo-in-the dark yarn--who knew?!? Love it! Looks like y'all knitwits (brilliant!) had a grand ole time! Fun Fun! Think of you each time I drive past the Yarn Gallery near my apt....
nanny said…
Joy, Joy, Joy!!!!

Glad you loved the box!!!!!!

It was as much fun for me getting it together. I was hoping you'd all like it. And creative Carol, what can I say. She is a walking idea machine.....she really should have been in advertising.

We think of you here.....you know Carol is an old military bride, ooops I mean former. No she is former military not a former bride. Well she's not a bride any longer rather a LONG married woman. Oh I give up.

Think of you often.
Ciao

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )