Skip to main content

Knit like the wind- it's cold out!



This kid is a riot- she picked out these colors herself! I am thrilled about making knitterly items to keep them warm...more to come.














Pattern: Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd
Yarn: Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky
Needles: Size 10, 3.5 sts/inch- nice and tight for warmth
Mods: Changed the crown decreases to be more gradual, added afterthought garter stitch edging and decreased a few stitches so it would hug her head more




Comments

Unknown said…
Also adotable!! Look at her face! What a crackup! Can't wait to see y'all!! Soon!
nanny said…
Wacky wonderful winter ware!!!!

Wacky wonderful widdle won wearing winter ware!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!