Thursday, October 01, 2009

Happy birthday, hot legs......


A little flashback to the 80's for my little sister's birthday : )



This was a fun, straightforward project I worked on during the drive to France. (Fret not, camper, My Man was doing the driving: ) I admit I ripped them out quite a bit in the beginning (nothing new for me). At first they seemed too small, then, it was something else that bothered me, but when I was done messing around, they knitted up just fine. It makes me want a pair......oy!

Details:
Yarn: Patons Classic wool- self-striping, love that!
Pattern: Cast on 60, work in 2x2 rib for 20 rows, then change to stockinette until desired length. Finish with 20 rows of 2x2 rib at the other end!
Gauge: 20 sts/4 inches
Needles: Size 6- magic loop method used.

3 comments:

nanny said...

Yummy! Great colors. I think they'll be a big hit for Ro Ro. Hopefully she won't wear them with grampa's plaid pants. (Just kidding Ro.)Nice job, thoughtful present.

Anonymous said...

il me semble que c'est la laine achetée à la Grange à Laine, les couleurs sont gaies, çà donne un bel effet. Moi j'ai terminé mon triangle, je dois aller chercher une autre couleur pour faire un motif au crochet autour de la pointe. Génial!!! ma nouvelle façon de tricoter, je l'ai apprise à mon amie de Bretagne.

Shauna said...

WOW! My legwarmers were the star, and I'm late to see them here! I love them! Thanks for the post! :)