I made these back in October- and the girls loved them. The pattern is excellent and I love the way they turned out.
The first one I made, I added more stitches because I was concerned it would be too tight for H. The rim of the hat seems less forgiving after you attach the leaf section. So, in my infinite wisdom (!) the hat turned out to be much too big. So, I sent it to the Great Pumpkin in Ohio! (Nannio- you know who you are!) As she loves all things Halloween, this probably fit right into her repertoire....although I am still waiting for a photo!
I definitely recommend this pattern- it's clever in the increases and how the leaves are attached.
Yarn: Italian market variety- 70% wool, 30% acrylic.
Needles: size 7
Pattern: Patrick's Pumpkin Hat
I see I should block them to make the leaves stand up, but they didn't care and wanted to wear them right away- cant' argue with that : )