Skip to main content

Z's shawl....


This is one of those skeins- the Socks That Rock lightweight. The colors are sweet and very gentle. Here it is modeled by my elder daughter, but the little one has laid claim to it. For whatever reason, she calls it her own. I am almost starting to relax enough about my paranoia of them having things around their neck, that I just might be able to let her wear it once in a while. She can have it, but I prefer her stuffed cat wear it.




I love working with this yarn- it's got a great texture!



As you can see in this pic, it's too bulky to wear as a neck wrap, but it seems too small to use as a shawl. I wish I would have gotten two skeins for this one. Who knew? And it's all just part of the great experiment to find a little neck wrap that is NOT a dickie!




Specs:
Yarn: Socks that Rock Lightweight- colorway Goody Goody
Pattern: Multnomah
Needles: size 6 knitpicks circs

P.S. For you there, family member who would like a shawl of some kind- here's what you have to do. Go to this website: Webs, or this one- STR and get a skein or two for you and a skein or two for me and there you go! You have to let me know which pattern you like best- there are a few more in the works : )

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a beautiful shawl.The workmanship, the color of the yarn and what lucky kids to enjoy their mom's handiwork.
Unknown said…
Are you talkin' to ME?!?! (like Al Pacino in Taxi Driver!!) Ha! I would love a shawlie shawl! I will do as you say..!

They are gorgeous as are all your creative endeavors! And YES, Virginia, you *are* creative!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )