Skip to main content

One Skein Wonder II

Another One Skein Wonder. Sure, it's the same color as my last one, but that one has been sent over the pond to my MIL. This one is a little bigger- I think the 17 inch across the shoulders size. I love the color. I love the pattern, and I would love one in every color available.



Specs:
Pattern-One Skein Wonder, Stefanie Japel
Yarn- Cottage Knits Cotton
Gauge- 16 sts/4 inch
Mods- None





I have slowed a bit on the knitting scene- what with summer and all our visitors. I am working on Sizzle and should likely be done by now. I am having gauge problems again. I don't know why I bother making a swatch at all!

Comments

amanda said…
looks great! isn't this the cutest little pattern?
Anonymous said…
Your One Skein Wonder turned out so beautifully, and you look fantastic in it! Great work! This pattern is very high up on my "Have to knit" list as well - seeing yours now sure inspired me to cast on for it soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )