Skip to main content

Crossing the finish line.....



These little mitts were started a while ago. I fell out of love with them at some point and, sadly, they were languishing at the bottom of some knitting bag with only one thumb left to knit!!! I eagerly finished them up before the Ravelympics started. I realize the Olympics only lasted 2 weeks, but I really felt inspired to complete several UFOs. Hurray!



As you can see from these pics, the mitts look pretty cute. The pattern is nice enough and the yarn was pretty.




But this next picture may show when I stopped feeling the love.


You see, as you increase the stitch count along the gussets for the thumb, the pattern becomes a bit wonky. For this glove, I just let the space grow between the spirals.....not really the best looking pattern I have ever seen.



Then for this glove, when the numbers were right, I started another spiral to see how that looked. You can see it here in the pic, it just starts out of no where.

So, they are finished and I have worn them several times. I simply put the wonky sides on facing down, along my palms. No big deal, but not a pattern I would want to use as a gift, nor would I want to make them again. Oh well. I still have a TON of the yarn left, so I will have to stash it for later.

Pattern: Winter Wonderland Mitts by Kristin Handen
Yarn: Dream in Color- Smooshy, fingering weight
Needles: size 4's
I couldn't actually find the pattern on their website.....maybe they took it off?

The yarn was wonderful and very soft...maybe I'll use the rest for some baby booties!

For the first time in my life, I have knit something that I am a little embarrassed about....and no it's not a string bikini or any of the items listed as "Naughty" on Ravelry! It's a "neckwarmer" but both my hubby and good friend saw it and shouted- "It's a dickey! Oh My Gosh-- you made a dickey!"

So, I am hesitant about divulging information- I know my friend wants to paste my picture all over facebook, BUT I have been wearing it a lot and I do LOVE it!!!!! Shhh, it's a secret!

Comments

nanny said…
A dickey!!!!!!! Too funyy. One of my friends at school just got a dickey with a string to tighten it....the beads hanging from the strings are quite attractive, byt you are right it is a dickey with strangling power. Will forward a photo soon. Power to the dickeys...they make a comeback. I thought the glovelets look good, pretty yarn and I am glad they are being worn. I'm proud that you finished some of your unfinished. I need to take a lesson.
Unknown said…
I love the gauntlets! I like the quirky pattern too--I'd wear that side up! Cuute color!

I'd also like to order 1 dickie, please! Oh, wait! That was last week's date!! Meuwahhhhhhhhhh!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )