Skip to main content

Fonzie's Cowl...

Well, I was cold!

It seemed like a good idea- I mean I frequently wear a scarf inside!

It makes sense. It's practical.

Cowls are IN. It's a good use of small amounts of yarn.

It keeps me warm........no matter what the excuse, my friend Stacy put it best when she SHOUTED (in public), "IT'S A DICKEY!" followed by peals of laughter!







The good news is that my daughter H loves it...so she'll happily wear it around the house. Fashion is so much more forgiving for a kid : ) Drat.

Specs: I don't think they matter much : P

Also, H thinks this also makes a perfect hat!!!

Comments

nanny said…
Nice, very nice as Richard always says. The colors in the scarf are great. They are lovely and a little shimmery looking. Fortunately the little knittys will fit someone and some better than others. Bowser looks pretty good in the chatowl, however, I also think it looks rather smart as a fluted hat reminiscent of orthodox monks. Either way the projects are fun and useful? and make for good conversation. Such lovely little models. Very cute to see.

Keep knitting and knocking off the projects.
Unknown said…
I'm SO BEHIND in your pots!! Posts!! Cuute Cowl!

Popular posts from this blog

Move over Granny....

So, I have mentioned the "c" word before and now I have officially finished a crochet scarf- albeit a while ago. Someohow the post got lost in the din. Interestingly, My Man, really isn't a fan of this scarf soley because it's crochet. How amusing that in his mind crochet is linked with Grannies! Apparently there are others who share his feelings. (Nanny-O? Mimi-O?) I just can't see it, I really can't. I think crochet is lovely and am exceedingly proud at having taught myself...well, with a lot of help ( Happy Hooker ). In the beginning I bought this kit from Lion Brand- oh, about 5 years ago. It could have been more, I am not sure. I started once and gave up. Then I got invited to Ravelry and was taking pics of my stash and I found it. I decided to give it another try. After I got about half of the scarf done, I didn't like the pattern, so I decided to make a variation of one from the aforementioned Happy Hooker book. And now, it looks like this...

Mini sweater....

It's so fun to knit for pets because: 1.) it's a fast knit 2.) the victim always looks so cute in their sweater : ) This sweater is for Jake, a little puppy we babysat for 3 weeks. This is Jake not sitting in his new sweater. I made up the pattern by doing the math. It was a quick knit- mostly because he weighs 6 pounds. The yarn is leftover Encore Bulky from a baby bunting- I used this pattern as a prototype for one for Fonzie. This is Jake still not sitting. This is Jake sitting in his new sweater : )

70's Kitty Hat

Did I really never publish this? What a blast from the past. All I remember is that the hat fit The Fonz the best :) I guess it's along the line of the pussycat hat!